Here are 4 questions to test for dementia (with tongue planted firmly in cheek). (Answers appear below.)
1. You are a participant in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
2. If you overtake the last person, then you are in what place?
3. Very tricky arithmetic! Note: this must be done in your head only. Do not use paper & pencil or a calculator. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
4. Mary’s Father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono, and ? What is the name of the fifth daughter?
1. If you answered that you are first, then you are wrong. If you overtake the second person & you take her place, you are in second place.
2. If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong. Tell me sunshine, how can you overtake the last person?
3. Did you get 5000? The correct answer is actually 4100. If you don’t believe it, check it with a calculator.
4. Did you answer Nunu? Nope. Her name is Mary. Read the question again.
This so called dementia quiz was passed onto me by my good friend Roman Rollnick (& I also found it here). It’s good for a chuckle and for pointing out how easy it is to make assumptions.
Assumptions can make the clearest situation cloudy. Assumptions muddy the water & darken the day.
They quite simply can make an ass out of you and me.
Get clear. Bust assumptions.